Farrs Mold Remediation logo
cleaning toxic black mold

Cleaning Toxic Black Mold is NEVER a DIY Project

Seasoned homeowners will tell you their biggest fear is black mold infiltrating their house. There’s a good reason for this! The greenish-black colored mold grows quickly and causes structural damage and can cause health problems. When people find it in their home, they want to get it out as soon as possible.

However, this isn’t the time to try to save money by making cleaning toxic black mold a Do-It-Yourself project. There are far too many health risks associated with exposure to all molds, but most especially toxic Black Mold.

Dangers of Black Mold to Your House

Black Mold, or Stachybotrys Chartarum, will grow where there is a source of moisture in your house. More often than not, after a flood, if the water damage isn’t removed from the house and the home is not dried out properly, black mold will feed off of and destroy your house.

However, black mold can also be found anywhere moisture is present in your house. Some excellent tips to avoid moisture in your home:

  • check your home for water leaks, and have them fixed
  • ask a professional how to handle condensation build-up
  • find ways to improve the ventilation in damp rooms, like your bathroom
  • don’t install carpet in rooms that provide more opportunities for moisture, like bathrooms and kitchens

As with any mold, if it isn’t removed, it’ll eat away and destroy your house. Drywall and wood become an all-you-can-eat buffet destroying the structural integrity of your house.

Consulting a professional mold remediation company is the best way to clean and remove mold from your home. After performing a mold cleanup and mold removal, mold remediation specialists can also provide you with strategies for preventing mold growth in your house.

It’s important to remember, mold is here to stay! But if you don’t provide it with a breeding ground, it won’t grow, spread and inflict unnecessary damage to your house and health.

Black Mold Health Hazards

Living with any type of mold in your house can affect your health. Black Mold is known to aggressively grow in moisture-rich areas, and to produce mycotoxins (naturally occurring toxins). It’s the mycotoxins that cause some pretty significant health hazards when inhaled for not just those with allergies and asthma, but also for those that don’t have pre-existing conditions.

If you have no pre-existing health conditions, prolonged exposure to Black Mold can result in unexplained:

  • headaches
  • memory loss
  • aches and pains in your joints and muscles
  • mood swings
  • nosebleeds

For those who have allergies, there’s a higher sensitivity to mold exposure and the following symptoms may appear:

  • sore throat
  • dry cough
  • itchy, red eyes
  • watery eyes
  • runny nose
  • stuffy nose
  • skin rashes
  • sinusitis

Anyone who lives with asthma may find that it acts up more often after prolonged exposure to Black Mold. If you’re suffering from more frequent asthma attacks, it could be an indicator you’re coming into contact with Black Mold and don’t even know it.

If you’re immunocompromised, having a regular mold inspection in your home is a good idea. Those with weakened immune systems are at a higher risk for developing a fungal infection when exposed to mold spores. A professional mold inspection can help to avoid a serious health hazard.

Whenever you have unexplainable health problems like the ones described above, call a professional to inspect your house for mold. Mold can grow in places the naked eye can’t see it. The mold pros have all the right tools, equipment and training to locate it, clean it, remove it, and offer ways to reduce moisture in your home.

Homeowners Have Plenty of DIY Opportunities, Cleaning Toxic Black Mold is NOT One of Them

Your health and the health of your house are far too important to attempt to deal with Black Mold all on your own. Finding it, cleaning it and removing it isn’t a Do-It-Yourself job. You could cause more damage to your house if mold isn’t cleaned and removed properly. And inhaling mold spores can cause serious health problems for even the healthiest homeowners. Don’t put yourself and your loved ones at risk. Let the professionals gear up and clean up your mold!


Remove and Remediate Mold & Repair Mold Damage Today!

Mold can be toxic – make sure you call in the professionals to help!